This brief was produced by the German Institute for Development Evaluation, and examines German public opinion of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Key findings of the DEval Opinion Monitor for Development Policy 2018 on the 2030 Agenda:
- The German population supports the basic idea behind the 2030 Agenda.
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are largely unknown among the general public.
- Many people have concerns as to whether the 17 SDGs will be achieved by 2030.
- The general public believes itself to have a moderate influence on the achievement of the SDGs. They also consider their actual contribution towards achieving the goals to be moderate.
- The greater citizens consider their influence to be, the more they contribute to reaching the SDGs.
- The general public is somewhat more actively involved in SDGs relating to consumption and the environment and believes to have somewhat better chances of exerting an influence here than with respect to the other SDGs.